Tuesday, May 10, 2011

went back across the bridge. then finally it climbed quite fast.

All thinking men are atheists
All thinking men are atheists.Ill be right here. it seemed.Here. The Britisher leaned over. please. Baby is puzzled.How do you do Miss Barkley said.It wasnt that way with the granatieri. little puppy.And youre all right I asked outside. drink that.Yes.It doesnt finish.

 baby.I did not. It was hot walking through the town but the sun was starting to go down and it was very pleasant. he touched the little finger.It was dark outside and the long light from the search lights was moving over the mountains. There was a shadow from his hand on the wall.WhereMilano. He loves Franz Joseph. Its been in there too long. Im not.Splendid. were on the trunk. I asked him if there was a big dugout where the drivers could stay and he sent a soldier to show me. Perhaps.

 I said. Is there anything youd like to talk aboutBut I do love you. felt him climb up into the front seat. You do not really like it. I am now in love with Miss Barkley. and went in under the shed and looked at each of the cars. I thought somebody was screaming. he said in Italian. Isnt itWhat is the stick I asked. the meal was finished. We talk too much even for the Tenente. We talk too much even for the Tenente.Yes. I lay still and let the pain ride.

 His helmet was off and his forehead was bleeding below the hair line. TenenteNo. the fighting in the mountains beyond the town. didnt youYes. We walked to the door and I saw her go in and down the hall.Defeat is worse. But youre very nice. Yes. You havent any fracture.Id rather wait.Somebody said you should be able to learn it in two weeks. I must write some letters.You should not let us talk this way..

 I could look down through the woods and see. Everybody is proud of you. Rinaldi came in while I was undressing. But the little Scotch one is very nice. The drivers were pleased with it and I left them there. then choking. said the captain. She put it in my hand. Priest never with girls.5 mm. But marble busts all looked like a cemetery.We wont quarrel. I said.It sounds very funny nowCatherine.

 I said in English. Tenente. she said. He took my glass and filled it.That is not good. Then we saw a horse ambulance stopped by the road. He slapped me on the shoulder.Some troops went out. Maybe she would pretend that I was her boy that was killed and we would go in the front door and the porter would take off his cap and I would stop at the concierges desk and ask for the key and she would stand by the elevator and then we would get in the elevator and it would go up very slowly clicking at all the floors and then our floor and the boy would open the door and stand there and she would step out and I would step out and we would walk down the hall and I would put the key in the door and open it and go in and then take down the telephone and ask them to send a bottle of capri bianca in a silver bucket full of ice and you would hear the ice against the pail coming down the condor and the boy would knock and I would say leave it outside the door please. You take it. baby.Whats the matterHe looked at me. I would go crazy. If there is a war I suppose we must attack.

 You are really an Italian. For two weeks now they havent changed them. At the foot of the bed was my flat trunk. It would have been much simpler. unloaded them and went away.As the ambulance climbed along the road. I said to the priest. With your priest and your English girl. It would only be worse if we stopped fighting. You see the point. Bacchus.A shell fell close and they both dropped to the ground and dropped me. Manera said. The major asked me to have a drink with him and two other officers.

 The captain waved to me. Ill always come back. Inside the dugout were the three drivers sitting against the wall. Everything seemed in good condition.Not true asked the captain.Its a silly front. Multiple superficial wounds of the left and right thigh and left and right knee and right foot. Im leaving now for a show up above Plava. thats nothing to how it will feel later. Its a Saint Anthony.A whatAn ignorant wop. baby.I went back to the majors dugout and he said the field kitchen would be along and the drivers could come and get their stew.The Pope wants the Austrians to win the war.

 I held her close against me and could feel her heart beating and her lips opened and her head went back against my hand and then she was crying on my shoulder.You were sweet to tell me. and of which I had never heard. Manera said. This chap of yours was very anxious for me to see you. If youve got a fracture you dont want inflammation. He was sitting up beside one of the brick walls. They had come back for him. Let everybody defend his home. Another nurse was with her.The day had been hot. He had not felt bad but now the shoulder had stiffened. baby. TenenteWhere is Gordini and GavuzziGordinis at the post getting bandaged.

 One of their drivers came over to me. We were in the second army.We sat on the flat stone bench and I held Catherine Barkleys hand. Kiss me goodby.Bring good opera disks. They carried wounded in and brought them out. with the eyes shut. Most of the helmets were too big and came down almost over the ears of the men who wore them. tipping their heads back. to ride along the road across the plain and deliver the wounded at the two hospitals.If you drop me again. she said. sucked and snapped in the ends. she said.

 After I leave here Ill go see that English and hell get you an English medal. That is why we have this war. I handed it to Gordini. Rinaldi said that the French had mutinied and troops marched on Paris. Not Ba?chus. spaced by the interval of their dust. with the eyes shut. It is the captain. They were bersaglieri. Gordini said. I could go to Spain if there was no war. the light came out and he went in.The adjutant.Saint Anthony asked the driver.

 He bent over me. He doesnt want to see peasants. The offensive was going to start again I heard.We think. They were big and shy and embarrassed and very appreciative together of anything that happened. I love you too much. the captain said. Sometimes still pleasant and fond and warm and breakfast and lunch. I opened the capsule and spilled him out into my hand.Four for 105. The window was open.Id really rather. warmed from the sun on the wall.Go to hell.

You will. bronzes looked like something. and in the fall when the rains came the leaves all fell from the chestnut trees and the branches were bare and the trunks black with rain. after all.They wont crack here. the captain said. It came down through the forest in sharp turns. I am listening. All alone at the war with no new girls. I said. or else using a continuous lift and sucking into the mouth. People lived on in it and there were hospitals and cafe and artillery up side streets and two bawdy houses. But the Italians had crossed and spread out a little way on the far side to hold about a mile and a half on the Austrian side of the river. Always in Rome.

 hauling them back from the mountains to the clearing station and then distributing them to the hospitals named on their papers.Yes.Let me feel it. sucking in the ends. the captain said. Incurred in the line of duty. Tenente. Every day I learn to do things smoother and better.Couldnt you take me no place elseIf it was closer to the front I could take you to a first medical post. I said. One killed and the fellow that brought you. crossing out everything except. What an odd thing--to be in the Italian army. Hang onto my neck.

 an officer directing the light and the crew scared.Hows everythingNot so bad. The Italian salute never seemed made for export. Rocca ignored this and went on to explain the joke to me. God. a few freshly washed.You dont believe me We will go now this afternoon and see.I will go and see.Do we eat yet.Im dreadfully sorry.I looked back and saw her standing on the steps.She was unclasping something from her neck. I had a drink with a captain that I knew in one of the dugouts and went back across the bridge. then finally it climbed quite fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment