Tuesday, May 10, 2011

capsule and spilled him out into my hand.

 had some coffee in the kitchen and went out to the garage
 had some coffee in the kitchen and went out to the garage.Of course they do.That is not good. seeing it all ahead like the moves in a chess game. for you have sinned. We do get along. baby How do you feel I bring you this It was a bottle of cognac. Im not. with plaster and rubble in their gardens and sometimes in the street.I see. They sat down and waited.He walked across to the dressing station.I have to get washed and report.She looked at me.

Can Gordini driveI dont think so. Suddenly to care very much and to sleep to wake with it sometimes morning and all that had been there gone and everything sharp and hard and clear and sometimes a dispute about the cost.Oh. Miss Barkley was sitting on a bench in the garden.Ca va bienCa va. He opened his trunk and took out a bottle. and instead of going on I felt myself slide back. spaced by the interval of their dust. There are some people who never realize. and a roar that started white and went red and on and on in a rushing wind. Any frescoes were good when they started to peel and flake off. I thought she was probably a little crazy. who was on duty.It was nearly dark when we came down and turned onto the main road that ran beside the river.

 You wont worry now.Bacchus.Id rather wait.We must shut up. Hold on to my neck. You cant. Please put your hand there again. There were lighted candles on the table.He ought to go to Capri. You will be decorated. he said in Italian. Are you badly hitIn the leg.No. the others dusty.

 I watched her face. When I came back to the front we still lived in that town. Naples.Why notThey dont trust us when theres nothing going on.Whats to stop itIt will crack somewhere. It was half of the brigata Basilicata. Please. folded it without rising from the bed and slid it in his breeches pocket.You drive. You could stay with my family.Quite well. Get some more of that Antitetanus. and my winter boots. lieutenant We wont get a chance to eat after this thing starts.

 The priest was good but dull. He came back with a handful of roasted coffee beans. Im sorry. It is with them the war is made.Well be most careful of them.That doesnt matter.Are you hit badly he asked. Bersaglieri are fools. she said. Thats all I know.It is probably to draw attention from where the real attack will be. the orderly said. The major asked me to have a drink with him and two other officers. You go away sototenente! You come back sotocolonello! They all laughed.

 It is just bad administration. then from all the guns behind us the bombardment started. darling. Also we were required to wear an automatic pistol; even doctors and sanitary officers.Ill take the American Tenente.No. My knee wasnt there. darling. I would take you and never hurt you. It is a disgrace that they should stay so long that they become friends. A shell burst short near the river bank. Whats the matter with you Do you want us to come outside and get himThe two stretcher bearers picked up the man under the arms and by the legs and brought him in.I looked in her eyes and put my arm around her as I had before and kissed her. I said.

 You are better with her without me. What an odd thing--to be in the Italian army. I thought it would be worse for him. He broke off.She looked down at the grass.Its a charming place. Passini said.As you wish. Let them keep their sisters in the house. the major said.Isnt there anywhere we can goNo.Goodnight.Lift it high. said the major.

 Why did you do itI dont know. said the priest.As the ambulance climbed along the road. the cool nights. long 6.Ill take care of him for you. Chew those. What an odd thing--to be in the Italian army. I said. he said. that there had been three others. Goodby. The dead were off to one side. D.

 and the whole thing going well on the Carso made the fall very different from the last fall when we had been in the country. His mother sent it to me.He cant do anything about it anyway. the thumb up and fingers outspread as when you make shadow pictures. The officers all came from such good families. You are better with her without me.You love Italy Rinaldi asked Miss Ferguson in English. I was always able to forget. Close to the bank I saw deep pools.I know how you talk.I stopped to ask if you were better. I said I hoped it would go well but that he was too kind.5 mm. They wouldnt attack if they did.

 Wait till I get cleaned up. Helen Ferguson. I felt him in his metal box against my chest while we drove.In the legs.The plain was rich with crops there were many orchards of fruit trees and beyond the plain the mountains were brown and bare. cheekfitted.This is the picturesque front. He smiled. Some of the wounded were noisy but most were quiet.Of a whatHe explained.No. they stopped them.Sure.Goodnight.

 really. I suppose it was mutual tolerance because the Austrians still kept a bridgehead further down the river.The road was crowded and there were screens of corn stalk and straw matting on both sides and matting over the top so that it was like the entrance at a circus or a native village. I know all about it now. and a roar that started white and went red and on and on in a rushing wind. I will.You speak English he asked. Why dont you come inHe shook his head. nights in bed. lieutenant! he shouted.Youd better chew some coffee.Have you any moneyYes. Dear Catherine.Ciaou! he said.

 The officers all wore helmets; betterfitting helmets.Fine. In the jolt of my head I heard somebody crying. It was half of the brigata Basilicata. This was better than going every evening to the house for officers where the girls climbed all over you and put your cap on backward as a sign of affection between their trips upstairs with brother officers. We have to just walk here. They carried wounded in and brought them out. But then he wanted to go to war and I didnt know. He can be here until you are ready to take him. You may come and see her after seven oclock if you wish. We both went flat and with the flash and bump of the burst and the smell heard the singing off of the fragments and the rattle of falling brick.No. and things went very badly. This took place at B?ziers.

 We are war brothers. She would not let me put my arm around her. Today I see priest with girls.I would like to go with you and show you things.I took off my tunic and shirt and washed in the cold water in the basin. Gavuzzi said.Yes. They seemed glad to see me and in a little while Miss Ferguson excused herself and went away. It is disgraceful. The posts for the cars would have to be as near the river as they could get and keep covered.I dried my hands and took out my pocketbook from the inside of my tunic hanging on the wall.What about eating. A little that way like the number of the first regiment of the Brigata Ancona. I took her hands.

 Something picturesque. There was what was left of a railway station and a smashed permanent bridge that could not be repaired and used because it was in plain sight.Please lets not lie when we dont have to. I do.This is the picturesque front. Underneath we are the same. he said.What is itThe man on the stretcher over me has a hemorrhage.You. They were moderately clean. She came back from wherever she had been.That doesnt matter. he said. The British had come with three ambulances and they had two men on each ambulance.

 she said. In the morning they came to each bed in turn. Rinaldi said that the French had mutinied and troops marched on Paris.I am happy.After a while I walked with her to the door of the villa and she went in and I walked home.It would be fine if you would take the cars. I said. baby. Passini said sarcastically. You may come and see her after seven oclock if you wish. how do you feel Where is that damn corkscrew You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering. I felt it against the back of the chair. Manera said. I opened the capsule and spilled him out into my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment